Thanks to everyone who donated to the “Shed Some Light” campaign, we’re happy to show off our new full RGB lighting capability for our cafe stage — available starting now for any cafe events!
See a lighting preview here, and come to a cafe event to see them in action.
The Armory’s August Cafe show is now seeking submissions!
We got some feedback that a submission deadline on ArtBeat weekend was tough for some people, so we’re extending the deadline for submissions for our August Cafe exhibit, Signage, until 4 pm tomorrow (Tuesday July 18).
If you wanted to submit and just ran out of time this weekend, please submit now!
The theme of this show is “Signage” so, essentially, we are looking for depictions of street signs, indoor signs, guideposts, trail markers, etc. Basically, anything that resembles a sign is eligible (the interpretation of what is and is not a sign can be very broad and creative, but anything you submit should be somehow able to be interpreted as a sign). All mediums are welcome, as long as the work can be hung on the Cafe walls. (No large free-standing pieces, sorry!)
You can submit by emailing images of the artwork (preferably in PDF or JPG format) to email@example.com. (Original format will be requested subsequently for all pieces selected
for the show.) Please mention the artist name, piece name, medium, and size in your email.
The deadline for submissions has been extended: 4 pm on Tuesday July 18!
- Maximum 5 submissions per artist. Please combine multiple submissions into one email.
- No fee to submit.
- Deadline for submissions: July 18, 4:00pm
- Selection notifications: July 18-19
- Art dropoff for selected pieces: July 26-31 (latest by noon on July 31; we’ll hang the art that afternoon)
- Exhibit runs: August 1-31
- Reception: August 5, 2-4pm
- You are responsible for transporting any selected pieces to/from the Armory.
- All pieces must be ready to be hung at the time of drop-off.
- You may also provide artist statements, flyers, and/or business cards for distribution at the exhibit if you wish.
- You decide whether your work is for sale, and at what price. Note the Armory takes a 20% commission on all artwork sales.
- This is an all-ages show; anyone can submit, and subject matter must be suitable for all ages to view.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Registration is now open for the Armory’s youth summer programs in August. We have a variety of programming for ages 5 – 16. For more information and to register: http://artsatthearmory.org/learn/summer-camps-2016/
The Somerville Arts Council‘s Musical Theater Program in July at the Armory is also open for registration! Info can be found here: http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/musical
April is rapidly approaching (and with it our April newsletter — sign up here), but before that we’ve got some great events to wrap up the month. Here are a few of our staff picks for the last week of March:
Hope to see you soon!
-The Armory Team
Update as we watch the forecast evolve. The Armory will be closed and all of our events have canceled on Tuesday 3/14. Stay tuned for developments on 3/15.
- 3/15: CHA Meeting
- 3/15: SYSL Coaches’ Meeting (Rescheduled to Friday)
We will be updating our Facebook, Twitter, and this Page with any further developments.
Stay safe, stay warm, stay dry
– The Armory Team
Last updated: 6PM 3/13