TEEJ in Boston on Saturday August 27th, 2016. Please join to celebrate the most important festival with social activity, rituals and customs. Teej is considered as a very specially festivals for women, including dancing, singing, getting together with friends and telling stories, dressing up with henna-colored hands and feet, wearing red, green, yellow, purple and different clothes, sharing festive foods.
Event runs from 5pm-10pm; Admission $20
More information on NWGN- New England Chapters here.
More event information here.
Ready to experience the art of impermanence? Sētu Yoga in collaboration with Somerville’s Arts at the Armory is proud to bring you and experience with “Rangoli: The Ancient Sand Art Of India,”
including an exhibition, free community class, and two Master’s classes with Suhas Kavthekar
, a Mumbai-based Rangoli portraiture artist. He will be in the Boston area for one month and has graciously offered to share his 20+ years of experience with sand painting, unique both for its beauty and spirituality.
This special experience will include:
2. Exhibition on Friday, August 5 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
to register for any of these events.
We’ve got some fantastic summer arts programming for the kiddos coming up at The Armory!
– Visual Arts Week – July 25-28 – Ages 11-16
– Arts Discovery Week – August 1-5 – Ages 5-10
– Youth Arts Arise – August 8-12 – Ages 11-16
And other arts camps for kids being hosted at the Armory:
– Somerville Arts Council Theatre Camp – July 5-22 – Ages 8-13
– Center Stage Somerville – August 15-26 – Ages 8-12 (this camp is already full)
For more details/to register, click here