Date(s) - Sun. Sep. 19, 2021
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
“Strike Up the Bands” on Highland Ave. Sunday 2-6pm!
Join us for “Strike Up the Bands,” the September installment of Somerville’s SomerStreets festival this Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. on Highland Avenue between Central Street and Lowell Street. SomerStreets is the City’s take on the internationally-renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage easy access to physical activity, fresh foods, and reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment.
Activities along Highland Avenue will include:
- Live music on two stages, curated by Arts at the Armory and ONCE
- Vintage and artisan market by local craft vendors
- Aerial performances by Esh Circus Arts
- Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston
- Activities and games with Somerville Recreation
- Community chalk art activity
- Explore a fire truck and ambulance
- Community vendors and local businesses
- And more!
Armory Stage line-up:
- 2:30pm – Grace Givertz
- 3:45pm – Notebook P
- 5:00pm – Toussaint the Liberator
Once stage line-up:
- 2:30pm – Savior Faire
- 3:45pm – Little Fuss
- 5- 6pm – Sun League
***Please Note: SomerStreets will run on 9/19/21 from 2 to 6 p.m., rain or shine. Highland Avenue will be closed to all vehicular traffic between Central Street and Lowell Street from 12-8pm on Sunday. For MBTA info regarding this closure, please click here. For the City of Somerville announcement about this closure, please click here.