Upcoming exhibits (all venues):
Call for Artists – June Solo Exhibition
The Center for Arts at The Armory – Somerville, MA
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 15th, 2019
Show Dates: May 29th – June 28th
Location: The Armory Café
Arts at the Armory is now accepting artist submissions for our June Solo Artist Exhibit in The Armory Café.
The Armory is looking to host a solo artist show through the end of June. We would like to hang the works between May 23rd and the 29th. There is no specific theme for our June Solo Show and all mediums are welcome, however, all art submitted should be able to be hung on the walls via our picture rail and hook system. (No large free-standing pieces, sorry!)
To be selected for our show, you must have enough available work to fill our gallery – depending upon your artworks’ dimensions this could be 5-6 larger scale works or approximately 20 smaller pieces. You do not need to submit all available pieces for consideration, but please submit enough works so that our team can get a sense of your style.
To Submit Work:
Please email digital images of your artwork to email@example.com. We can accept JPG or PDF file types.
The body of your submission email should contain the below information:
- Artist (Your) Name
- Bio or Artist Statement
- Average size of your artwork
- Approximate number of pieces to exhibit
- Confirmation that you are available and ready to install all work between May 23rd and 29th
Please include “Call For Artists, June Solo Exhibit 2019, [Your Name]” in your email subject line. If selected for the show, original art pieces will be requested. Please do not submit any original art pieces in person during the selection process.
The deadline for submissions is 12pm (noon) on Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
- Please submit all artwork files in a single email.
- No fee is required to submit work.
- Deadline for submissions: May 15, 12pm (noon)
- Selection notifications: May 16
- Art installation: May 23rd-29th
- Exhibit runs: May 29 – June 28
- Reception: TBD
- Artwork pickup dates: June 29th – July 2nd
- Artists are responsible for transporting any selected piece(s) to and from the Armory. Solo Exhibitions require artist attendance during installation – you are welcome to hang your work any day that the cafe is open between May 23-29. Specific times for installation can be arranged with the cafe to work for you and our event schedule. If you would like Armory Volunteer assistance, please let us know as soon as possible so we can schedule a good time.
- All pieces must be ready to hang at the time of drop-off. This includes any framing or mounting required to hang on a picture rail and hook system. Ask if you have any questions!
- Artists may opt to display postcards, flyers, and/or business cards at the exhibit.
- Artwork will either be marked with a sale price or marked “Not For Sale”. This is up to the artist. **Please note that the Armory takes a 20% commission on all artwork sales as a result of this exhibit.
- This is an all-ages show; anyone can submit, and subject matter must be suitable for all ages to view.
We look forward to seeing your work!