We’re very excited to have so many of you enrolled in our three summer programs, Arts Discovery Week, Visual Arts Week, and Youth Arts Arise! We are very close to reaching our capacity for certain weeks of our program, so please take note of the following dates that are at or near capacity:
Arts Discovery Week, August 20th to 24th
- August 20th-The morning is completely full, the afternoon has just a few openings left!
- August 21st-This day is entirely full!
- August 22nd-The morning is completely full, the afternoon has just a few openings left!
- August 23rd-Just a few openings left!
- August 24th-This day is entirely full!
Arts Discovery Week, August 27th to 31st
- August 27th-This day is entirely full!
- August 28th-This day is entirely full!
- August 29th-Just a few openings left!
- August 30th-We’re still accepting applications for this date.
- August 31st-We’re still accepting applications for this date.
Visual Arts Week, August 13th to 17th-Sill accepting applications
Youth Arts Arise, August 20th to 24th-Still accepting applications.
Here are just a few of the events we’re thrilled to host over the next few weeks!
See you there!
Due to the weather, Solstice MFA: Writers Helping Writers Reading & Silent Auction has canceled. All other events will happen as scheduled.
Stay safe, stay dry.
-The Armory Team
Thanks to everyone who donated to the “Shed Some Light” campaign, we’re happy to show off our new full RGB lighting capability for our cafe stage — available starting now for any cafe events!
See a lighting preview here, and come to a cafe event to see them in action.
The Armory’s August Cafe show is now seeking submissions!
We got some feedback that a submission deadline on ArtBeat weekend was tough for some people, so we’re extending the deadline for submissions for our August Cafe exhibit, Signage, until 4 pm tomorrow (Tuesday July 18).
If you wanted to submit and just ran out of time this weekend, please submit now!
The theme of this show is “Signage” so, essentially, we are looking for depictions of street signs, indoor signs, guideposts, trail markers, etc. Basically, anything that resembles a sign is eligible (the interpretation of what is and is not a sign can be very broad and creative, but anything you submit should be somehow able to be interpreted as a sign). All mediums are welcome, as long as the work can be hung on the Cafe walls. (No large free-standing pieces, sorry!)
You can submit by emailing images of the artwork (preferably in PDF or JPG format) to email@example.com. (Original format will be requested subsequently for all pieces selected
for the show.) Please mention the artist name, piece name, medium, and size in your email.
The deadline for submissions has been extended: 4 pm on Tuesday July 18!
- Maximum 5 submissions per artist. Please combine multiple submissions into one email.
- No fee to submit.
- Deadline for submissions: July 18, 4:00pm
- Selection notifications: July 18-19
- Art dropoff for selected pieces: July 26-31 (latest by noon on July 31; we’ll hang the art that afternoon)
- Exhibit runs: August 1-31
- Reception: August 5, 2-4pm
- You are responsible for transporting any selected pieces to/from the Armory.
- All pieces must be ready to be hung at the time of drop-off.
- You may also provide artist statements, flyers, and/or business cards for distribution at the exhibit if you wish.
- You decide whether your work is for sale, and at what price. Note the Armory takes a 20% commission on all artwork sales.
- This is an all-ages show; anyone can submit, and subject matter must be suitable for all ages to view.
We look forward to seeing your work!