Last updated: 5:20pm (hopefully the last update for this storm)
Already sending snow updates again! (But we won’t complain; this has been a great winter so far.)
For today’s activities:
- The building and Cafe are open. (Cafe will close at 6 pm.)
- Knucklebones playspace is still happening, 9:30-11:30am
- Morning Zumba class is happening.
- Kids’ ballet class in the dance studio this afternoon is cancelled.
- Evening zumba class is cancelled.
- Symphony rehearsal is cancelled.
- The Journeys in Sound concert featuring Yakir Arbib and Andria Nicodemou is cancelled.
- Evening belly dance classes are cancelled
Note that the Tuesday morning Brown Bag program *will* happen as planned.
Last updated: 11:45 AM
- The building and Cafe are open.
- The Green Line Extension working group meeting is still on for 10am-noon.
- Morning Zumba class is happening today.
- Soba Yoga tonight will still happen.
- The Journeys in Sound / Mierlita concert tonight is also going ahead.
That means all events today in the Hall, Cafe, Dance Studio, and Classroom are on… enjoy the snow, and see you soon!
Wondering when you can catch us over the holiday weekend?
The Cafe will be open lots! Wednesday 9/2 till 9:30pm (with Wiretap Wednesday Open Mic), then Thursday-Saturday 8 AM – 6 PM. It’ll be closed Sunday 9/6 (no events), but open regular hours on Labor Day Monday, 8 AM – 6 PM.
The Office, however, will be taking an extended break. We’re here till 6 PM on Wednesday 9/2, then closed Thursday-Monday, reopening Tuesday 9/8 at 10 AM.
Enjoy your holiday weekend!
Is everyone enjoying the first week of spring? Okay, so maybe the temperatures haven’t felt quite “seasonal” yet but as New Englanders we need to embrace the little milestones we set for ourselves; whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or the Red Sox season opener, those markers in the sand keep us going.
And, so does art and the sense of community that comes with supporting it! So make a plan to visit the Armory to get a little more color in your life. Here’s one surefire way to accomplish that: AniMAtic Boston. On Wednesday, March 25th in the Cafe the Boston animation community welcomes the great Tom Snyder. Tom has been writing and creating animation in Boston for over 30 years. He founded Tom Snyder Productions, (which later became Soup2Nuts) created the Comedy Central hit show Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist and recently teamed up with Jonathan Katz once again to create the web series Explosion Bus. Now that’s a colorful guy!
Doors open at 7pm for networking opportunities with other area animators and members of the community before Tom’s talk starts at 7:30pm.
Spring is coming, we can actually feel it here at the Armory!
It occurred to us this morning that most of our blog updates have been about nothing but the weather; we even took to referring to snow as “the s-word!” Yet with the sun shining so brightly and Daylight Savings Time giving us another hour of it, as well as predictions that the mercury might even touch 50 degrees this week, we are officially optimistic that the Somerville earth will eventually thaw!
And, as it does, you’ll have no shortage of great reasons to come visit us! Check out the March calendar, we promise you’ll start feeling warmer already!