A few holiday-schedule notes as we wrap up 2018:
- Dec 22 – open all day, with a Farmers Market and Brazilian Theater and plenty of other events
- Dec 23 – open in the morning for More to Love Yoga, closed afterwards (no other events scheduled, Cafe closed all day)
- Dec 24-26 – closed (happy holidays!)
- Dec 27-29 – open normal hours, plus event times, and yes, there’s a Farmers Market on Dec 29.
- Dec 30 – open in the morning for More to Love Yoga, closed afterwards (no other events scheduled, Cafe closed all day)
- Dec 31 – open 8 am – 3 pm (closing early).
- Jan 1 – closed (New Year’s)
- Jan 2 and beyond – back to a normal schedule!
The much-loved season of holiday markets kicks off today (Saturday Nov 24)! Herbstalk Wintergreen is here 11 am – 5 pm, featuring herbal- and plant-based products.
Tomorrow (Sunday Nov 25) and again on Dec 9, Somerville Local First brings local artists, crafters, and small businesses together for a holiday market. 10 am – 4 pm.
Saturday Dec 1 is the first Somerville Winter Farmers Market! Every Saturday from December to mid-April, 9:30am – 2 pm. Featuring produce, meats, fish, cheese, bakery, sweets, snacks, and more!
And the Somerville Flea brings their unique mix of vintage and repurposed / upcycled items for two pre-holiday shopping dates: Sunday Dec 2 and Sunday Dec 16, 10 am – 5 pm.
All of these markets are free to visit; just pay for whatever tempts its way into your bag!
We will be closed Thursday 11/22 for Thanksgiving, reopening Friday 11/23 at 8 am. Enjoy your holiday, everyone!
We’re applying for Community Preservation Act (CPA) funding from the City of Somerville for “The Somerville Armory Window Project” – a project to repair the 22 existing large half-moon windows around the Performance Hall, and install exterior storm windows. The storm windows will protect the existing windows, increase energy efficiency, and help reduce sound transmitted to the outside during shows (soundproofing) – making life better for performers, audiences, and neighbors.
The Community Preservation Committee is accepting public comment until Oct 31 (email to email@example.com). Could you write us a support letter? Letters from anyone with a connection to the Armory are welcome, but letters from Somerville residents are particularly important. Can you write a letter of support today?
Thank you for your support!
Today’s the day! We’re migrating our email and shared file storage to a new back-end service. Fingers crossed, everything will go smoothly and the rest of the world won’t even notice. But if you get an odd bounce message, or otherwise think your message to us might not have gotten through, please try resending later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks – and sorry for the inconvenience!