The theme of this show is “Signage” so, essentially, we are looking for depictions of street signs, indoor signs, guideposts, trail markers, etc. Basically, anything that resembles a sign is eligible (the interpretation of what is and is not a sign can be very broad and creative, but anything you submit should be somehow able to be interpreted as a sign). All mediums are welcome, as long as the work can be hung on the Cafe walls. (No large free-standing pieces, sorry!)
You can submit by emailing images of the artwork (preferably in PDF or JPG format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Original format will be requested subsequently for all pieces selected
for the show.) Please mention the artist name, piece name, medium, and size in your email.
The deadline for submissions has been extended: 4 pm on Tuesday July 18!
- Maximum 5 submissions per artist. Please combine multiple submissions into one email.
- No fee to submit.
- Deadline for submissions: July 18, 4:00pm
- Selection notifications: July 18-19
- Art dropoff for selected pieces: July 26-31 (latest by noon on July 31; we’ll hang the art that afternoon)
- Exhibit runs: August 1-31
- Reception: August 5, 2-4pm
- You are responsible for transporting any selected pieces to/from the Armory.
- All pieces must be ready to be hung at the time of drop-off.
- You may also provide artist statements, flyers, and/or business cards for distribution at the exhibit if you wish.
- You decide whether your work is for sale, and at what price. Note the Armory takes a 20% commission on all artwork sales.
- This is an all-ages show; anyone can submit, and subject matter must be suitable for all ages to view.