8-12 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow means that we’re already checking in with tomorrow’s events, looking for potential alternate dates in case of cancellation, etc.
People ask what our policy is for holding or cancelling events. The answer is that it depends on the event; that call gets made on a case-by-case basis, in close coordination with the event organizer. Events with a hyper-local audience and organizer might run no matter what the weather. Events with out-of-town performers might cancel with very little snow here (but bad roads or tons of snow where the performers are coming from). Many of our weekday youth and kids’ events follow the School Department’s decision and cancel if schools are closed. So there’s no one policy; it really does depend on each event.
As of now (5:30 pm Sunday) everything tomorrow is still on except for the Knucklebones playspace in the morning. But keep checking back; we’ll make more decisions with events over the course of the day.